Saturday, April 12, 2014

Black and white Occasion card


There is something so special about simple black and white creations , whether it be bedrooms or luggage, or a dress but it's simplicity is rewarding. So a month ago I wanted to address this combo.
I struggled with an idea totally SU and it just would't come to me. So this is the card we created using 
Su designer paper in the black and whites.

 The flower was created using the PUNCH BLOSSOM punch #605203 cutting 3 layers of different prints. Using a spray bottle to wet the cut petals,scrunch them in your hand and put a hole in the centers for the upcoming brad. Let them dry while  you put your card together. Leave the birdcage until last. This was a 5x7 card this time. I believe the picture will give you the combo easily combining dots and stripes along with prints, all coordinating easily. The inside birdcage was a simple stamp I had picked up some time ago which was appropriate.
Now the delightful glittered birdcage happens to be a TIM HOLTZ die ,one which has the little bird in it as well.
I then cut the birdcage from a black glitter cardstock. And the bird from plain black cardstock so the cage would be  the focal point. Last I cut a small white banner using WISHING YOU A WONDERFUL DAY so it would  be more general. Gently tucking it in the cage side made it more whimsical. So remember do not glue all of the spines down or you cannot slide it into place. 
So time for the flower now. I used a SU antique brad which comes in different shapes all in one round box, and inserted it through all the flower layers. I then used glue dots to adhere because of its small size. Then you are able to scrunch the petals  around until it suits you.
This card would be beautiful foe a wedding or get well or birthday. 

So enjoy this posting and let me know if you love it.
Have a wonderful day.

No comments: