Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The making of more altered art






Well hello again,
I so wanted to share with you all today some fun I have been having. Below is a page in my ART JOURNAL I have completed. Since I love the color orange I chose to do this page in it. The sweet child like figure is done in gelatos which I then wetted with water making them watercolor like. The look I was going for was childlike and innocent and was done on regular cardstock. Dylushion sprays were used on the back ground to create the soft effect. These sprays are all water soluable so if they get wet again they move and reactivate. This is the reason I cut the girl out and used matt medium to adhere her on the page. Next I drew the heart, and colored in many shades of crimson, burnt orange, orange and reds, being very careful not to lift the underspray. Then I used a pen to stitch all the pieces of my life together. Love it!!!!! Do you?
Well now onto the mess we create when we make altered mail. One must get out the washi tape, glue,envelopes, pages from a book, pictures, downloads,stickers and whateve else you can get your hands on. Below is how clutters it can get but fun.
This month we are doing swaps so I cant wait to show you those on the next post.

This last one was one I saw on the web but had to share for Easter. Look closely as it is hand painted 
and machine stitched around the outside. So precious!!!!  See you soon and Happy Easter!!

No comments: