Sunday, March 9, 2014

UNIQUE ANNIVERSARY PRESENT




It is finally getting to the first stages of spring here in Pa. It has inspired me to create more art in these sunny days.
My daughter and son in law have an anniversary this week , so since I  am feeling so creative instead of a tradition card,  I used the concept of the ALTERED ENVELOPE . They so LOVE chinese so I not only picked  up their gift certificate , but decided to add the chopsticks. The business sized envelope helped me to add them so easily along with the gift.
I hope they enjoy how unique this was!! Here is the picture of their gift!,


Isn' this the cutest idea. I will deliver later today. I even used pussy willows for spring on the back cover.

When my grandaughter came to see me last week and saw the art all done , she said please send me MAIL ART. So of course, since I love her ----- and they are addictive, I put this one in the mail yesterday. The concept was changed slightly by using a much larger wedding style envelope. She loves pinks and purples so. I made sure to use her favorite colors in my inspiration. 

For those of you who want to create this  MAIL ART, use those unusual sheets of scrapbook paper that stay in your pads, and try WASHI TAPE, along with magazine pictures, ephemera, and those colored and printed scraps of paper you have saved. If you lay them all out in front of you, the choices will start to gather themselves together , in color, style or theme. Try it and let me know what you are creating. I would love to see those ideas.


Do you like this more general art better? Leave me a comment in the comment box and tell which you like better.
Have to go and get ready for my classes this week so enjoy the spring day!
Sunny thoughts 
Donna

1 comment:

Donna Meyers@moonbeampaperie.blogspot.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.