Thursday, June 26, 2014

My Water Color Hands

Hey everyone, a few months ago I went on the Web and I joined a challenge in painting prompts. This particular challenge wanted you to challenge once a week for 52 weeks. Finally on week 18 ,I was able to sync my life, time and challenge together. The previous week I had taught myself to use my random pastel watercolors on 2  pages together. It was my very first attempt  but I was certainly impressed with the beautiful  colors they presented on the pages. They lay empty waiting for ME the artist in residence to put something on their pages for 2 weeks.

When the challenge came to me , it was to put a hand on your page and create beauty around that focal point. VOILA , my mind went into  immediate action. Remembering those muted soft pinks and aquas , I felt those prompts calling to me to be put on these exact pages. So next are the products of that evening.
The  first  hand are all the things in my life I love. Can you see the leaves.cottage doors, tiny birds on a wire, keys and so on? All of these items are special to me in some way.

I was so enthralled with my finished product , that the next one popped right into my head. This one was SOO beach inspired. I love the beach and get to go so seldom. I wanted to capture the salt air in the ART piece. Roses from the sea shore,sea shells, bird feathers ,fish, barnacles.and sandy fences make up this pastel art project.
Let me know if you like it!!!
As always
My creative juices are flowing.
Donna





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

look closely at the sea items inside all the fingers. These are the things I love most of the sea.