Monday, June 30, 2014

Summer Garden Delights

It is definitely summer here at our house. So even so having downsized our gardening efforts,there is still a lot of color surrounding our ordinary lives. You know how much I love to share God's handiwork.
Our lives have been changing for months now but somehow our gardens are more timeless than our lives.
Let me share some of my most beautiful morning surprises which open up my soul to God. Each and everyone is HIS handiwork.
These are polyantha roses which are excellent for drying and craft work. They were a gift from one of my sons and his family a few years back. I suppose because of the bad winter we came thru, I am lucky to still have them, as many people have lost their roses from the extreme cold.
The next photo is I am not exactly sure, but believe to be some sort of campanula. They hang out of my lampost garden, and becon you to stop and lift their little heads to see their faces. They are freckled but not from the sun , as they are always droopy and cast a downward glance.

Ok so lets see what else you may like to know about the lovely ladies in my garden. The next one is a throw back to one I had seen at a wine festival. As hubby and I were walking around the grounds, I spied this beautiful dark purple foliage which drew me to explore more throughly.

After purusing in and around the new  spectacle, I went in search of information on it's heritage.The following  summer we were at a landscaping place and there it was , so being of sound mind and body, we added a new color to our pond area. She is finally full and rested and gave us her show this summer. Isn't she so flowing and pretty?

For today , I will let you rest in the beauty of nature , and the blessings that surround us. 
Hope you enjoyed this little tour as I enjoy sharing it with you!!!
Blessings
Donna, the happy gardener.

2 comments:

Donna Meyers@moonbeampaperie.blogspot.com said...

wow these flowers are really special and lush

positiveimage@atlanticbb.net said...

summer flowers are so bright and cheerful