Monday, June 16, 2014

Summer Garden Days

This was one of those days when I so wanted to share my garden with all you will take the time to read the blog. After hubby mowed they yard , the flowers seemed to be gloriously celebrating. I looked over and as they swayed in the soft wind I felt they were whispering to come take their picture.

There is a corner of our yard which continually has this wirey type grass that takes over everything. These lupines were prettier last year as the weeds are taking their nutrients from them, but they are still my second favorite flower in our yard. They are multi colored and sooooo gorgeous!!
Are't they so stately. But now for my very favorite FOXGLOVES, which are biennials. They got hit hard this winter so again are not as nice as usual. So glad they all did not expire.
 They do surround much of my back corner.

 And last blooming now are the peonies in shades of mauve and pink. The rains do knock them down though so they are slightly wimpy. Ha ha.


So it is the end of the day for me after cleaning windows , and moving beds so I will mosey on out to the patio and sit a spell. Enjoy your day tomorrow and remember to stop and smell the roses!!



See you all soon so stay happy and well.
Donna

No comments: