Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Winter workshop for Wed nite group

Hello on this freezing cold morning to everyone. To nite is the Wed evening card workshop for the month. We actually have a full table despite the temperature. I guess they are tired of being in so much and a nite out of color and stimulation doesn't sound too SHABBY.

To nite we will be doing a REAL RED card with winter chickadees and a pine branch. The stamp set is non SU but we will use real red card-stock along with 2 embossed pieces. The red card is embossed only on the front. Next we will use for trim our new gray called SMOKEY SLATE for the under strip and the large circle, which I cut with SU 2" circle die. The white strip gets embossed but not the gray.
All embossing done with ELEGANT IMPRESSIONS folder. You may easily switch that out with one you may have. The white circle used is our 2 1/2 punch for ease.

You could stamp a cardinal which would be darling but I did  not have one. So I did chickadees
In black only and after it is all glued together, I had glitter glued the feathers in a black glitter i had.For interest I added a strip of burlap which I glued down, then popped up the circles. It is really sweet and could be made into any sentiment. I also added a branch from a Tim Holtz die i have been wanting to use. The pine branch was done in WILD WASABI which I adore. 

This is a great time in SALE A BRATION to stock up on inkpads , refills ,and markers to match. I always buy a marker for fill ins. We all know stamping is not perfect. Don' t we.


So now you get the drift . I hope some of you are feeding GOD's little creations at this time of the year. 
My hubby goes out everyday and talks to them which inspired me to do this card. I have more to share but not today . It is time to go to work.
Winter wishes 
Donna 

3 comments: